3 million dollars for recount.

micky

Nov 20, 2020, 7:07:40 AM11/20/20
I heard the trump capaign paid $3 million for the recount of two
counties, the ones with Detroit and some other big city.

They didn't want to spend the money to recount other counties.

I wonder how much it really costs, how much they pay the counters, how
many have yearly salaraies by the counties, and how many are hired just
for this.

gfre...@aol.com

Nov 20, 2020, 4:25:19 PM11/20/20
On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 07:07:32 -0500, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
wrote:
There may be a few part timers and volunteers at the polls but in
Florida the internal election staff is made up of regular employees
diverted from their normal job. My SIL used to work on the election
for about a week. In 2000 it was closer to a month. Somehow the rest
of the government kept chugging along. BTW it is not unusual to
request recounts where you think it will help the most. Gore only
requested 3 counties in Florida in 2000. I am not sure Trump picked
the right ones tho. Reevaluating spoiled ballots usually helps the
democrats. A Wayne county recount may leave him worse than he was.

micky

Nov 21, 2020, 3:05:46 AM11/21/20
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 20 Nov 2020 16:24:43 -0500,
gfre...@aol.com wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 07:07:32 -0500, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I heard the trump capaign paid $3 million for the recount of two
>>counties, the ones with Detroit and some other big city.
>>
>>They didn't want to spend the money to recount other counties.
>>
>>I wonder how much it really costs, how much they pay the counters, how
>>many have yearly salaraies by the counties, and how many are hired just
>>for this.
>
>There may be a few part timers and volunteers at the polls but in
>Florida the internal election staff is made up of regular employees
>diverted from their normal job.

That's probably better. You don't want a bunch of hipppies or fascists
signing up at the last minute.

> My SIL used to work on the election
>for about a week. In 2000 it was closer to a month. Somehow the rest
>of the government kept chugging along. BTW it is not unusual to
>request recounts where you think it will help the most. Gore only
>requested 3 counties in Florida in 2000. I am not sure Trump picked
>the right ones tho. Reevaluating spoiled ballots usually helps the
>democrats. A Wayne county recount may leave him worse than he was.

Hmmm.